New Zealanders know how to keep their lungs healthy and they investigate symptoms of lung disease.
To increase survival for lung cancer
Rangatiratanga; we have integrity, we empower people, we say what we mean.
Manaakitaka, we nurture and respect people’s mana.
Whanaungatanga, collaborating to improve healthcare in Aotearoa, also serves future generations.
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi engari he toa takimano
My strength is not that of an individual but that of the collective
- Accountable – Responsible for all actions and accountable to stakeholders.
- Integrity – Upholds strong moral principles and ethical standards.
- Trustworthiness – Reliable, honest and fair.
- Excellence – Professional and ethical with all endeavours.
- Leadership – Provide leadership to the sector with all aspects of health promotion, education, research, advocacy and philanthropic fundraising.
- Independence – An autonomous organisation that is impartial and free from the influence of others.
Lung Foundation New Zealand is a non-government organisation which maintains political neutrality.
Lung Foundation New Zealand supports a government commitment to making Aotearoa New Zealand a Smokefree nation by 2025.
Lung Foundation New Zealand does not endorse or make donations to any political party.